Monday, September 7, 2015

Performing Life Bolivia Hip Hop Kayma


Performing Life Bolivia
Hip Hop Kayma

An incredible program I heard about through Suzanne Jamison of New Mexico a few years ago.  From what I understand the president/facilitator of this organization has roots in New Mexico, and if I'm not mistaken is an NMSU alum - John Connell.  Just searching through my email correspondence for Suzanne Jamison, John Connell and the Performing Life Bolivia program pops up all kinds of resources.  One of my favorite components of this program is the music workshop through Hip Hop Kayma and the bracelet exchange.  At one of the juvenile facilities I volunteered, we'd have the mixtapes on deck to #listen and got the chance to do a photo shoot with bracelets from Performing Life Bolivia.  There's a great story in Hip Hop Kayma, a few mixtapes out there and several videos on YouTube with thoughts from the youth of Bolivia about Hip Hop.  At one point, I heard they were also broadcasting on radio.  The program is involved in many other activities too.  I encourage folks to check out the website, follow them on social media, and reach out to the group to learn more.  




...listening to ((Companeros)) music by Daniel Beatz featuring Alejandra on the mic #HipHopKayma

No comments:

Post a Comment